Road Densities in the Jocko Watershed
Before a Road is Built
Solutions to road problems begin even before a road is built by asking the right questions. These include:
• Is the road even needed?
• Can it be built as a temporary road and then permanently closed after it is no longer needed?
• Are there alternative routes that exist or could be developed?
• Is there another location for the road or crossing that would minimize the impacts to the stream or riparian area?
• Is access needed year-round?
• What types of vehicles require access?
• Can we afford to maintain the road once it is built?